Thursday, December 6, 2012

Body Language


October 29, Thursday, the class watched the body language video. It focused on how celebrities portray themselves to the public. How actions speak louder than words and what their body language really means. It showed how U.S President Barrack Obama gives his respect to the citizens, how former U.S President George Bush was showing that he was an ordinary person, how Paris Hilton portrays that she is a good girl, how Britney Spears shows how stressful she is and etc.
            There were a few points which I actually agreed on. The first one was when Britney Spears went out in public during the night time and was wearing shades. According to the video, this showed that she was actually stressed from all the press and the rumors going around about her. I agree with this because why wear shades at night? She probably wore shades because if the public sees her eyes, they’ll know that there is a problem or maybe she is hiding something from the people.
            The point which I did not agree on is the shaking of the hands. It does not necessarily mean that if you shake someone’s hand and yours is on top of his/her hand, you’re more powerful than him/her. Whenever I shake hands with someone I just met, it doesn’t bother whether my hand is on top or not. Shaking hands just means that you’re acknowledging the person you shook your hand with.
            I can apply the lessons from body language in public speaking. Whenever I do reports in front of the class, I should know where to place my hands, where to look, how to stand and etc. I should know that eye contact with the audience is very important. Standing tall and firm shows that I know what I’m talking about and I mean what I say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment