Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Roller Coaster Ride


(the learning objectives I had in my english class)
Being a freshman in an excellent university has affected me in so many ways. There are times where I get pressured by my parents to maintain being part of the Dean’s List, but mainly pressured by myself. The are different kinds of subjects now that I’m in college, even though some of the lessons have already been taught in high school. I’m not a fan of English subjects so when I saw that I had to take up a certain class called Englcom, I wasn’t ecstatic about it.
I remember the first day of English class when our professor immediately told us to bring out yellow paper and start on an essay. Shocked and confused, I looked at my friend and said “is this serious?” I never thought college writing would be like this because back in high school, English class meant quizzes and lectures. English class in college meant nothing like that at all. It felt like I used up about 50 pages of bond paper, printing drafts just to get the right essays.
Even though college writing is way more stressful than high school writing, I can say that I’m thankful to come from an exclusive school back in high school where they taught us how to write essays the right way. College writing may be more serious and formal but I know that this can help me in future as I look for job opportunities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment